Kiara Kare® is pro-meditation!
Kiara Kare® is pro-meditation! In the picture, our CEO is meditating in the desert in Almeria/Spain, a magical experience. But you don’t need a spectacular setting to meditate. Perseverance and a deep desire to connect with your inner essence are the main keys to a successful meditation practice. Practical advice: wear comfortable clothes, stay warm, sit with a straight back, and meditate on an empty stomach. Start with 5 minutes twice a day and turn up the time to 10 – 15 – 20 minutes, as you gradually become more comfortable with your practice, and the time you have set seems short and easy for you. These are the steps:
1. Start with 5 minutes. Set your alarm.
2. Cross your legs and sit still. Straight back. Use a meditation cushion to feel more comfortable. When you’re first starting out, don’t worry too much if your posture doesn’t feel perfect. Just try to sit with a straight spine and know that it will get easier over time. Note: regular yoga practice could help you with your posture (strength – flexibility – balance).
3. Close your eyes.
4. Breathe in and out calmly through your nose. Focus on the air that goes in and comes out at the tip of your nose. In the beginning it might be a good idea to count to make your breathing more rhythmical. Inhale 1-2-3-4, hold 1-2, exhale 1-2-3-4, hold 1-2, Inhale 1-2-3-4, hold 1-2, exhale 1-2-3-4, hold 1-2… Let thoughts and other distractions pass by, don´t go with them, don’t resist them, just go back to focusing on the air that goes in and out of your nose.
5. When you are done, lie down for a couple of minutes. Make sure you are warm.
6. Continue with your activities or do some yoga (sun salutations).